What is Happening to Our Boys?
When it comes to being concerned about the vulnerability
of our kids, we do tend to focus on girls, failing to realize
how vulnerable boys are in the twenty-first century.
In Maggie's talk she will look at:
- How boys are now vulnerable to marketers
- Its impact on anxiety levels, possessions and body image
- Why there's a growth in eating issues amongst boys
- What impact video games have
- The impact our highly sexualized landscape has on boys
coming into puberty
- Why alcohol has such appeal
- The secret life of boys
- Understanding the underage sex scene
- Who's accessing porn and why
- And the solutions
'What's Happening to Our Boys? gives parents a critical
insight into the many pressures that boys growing up now face.
It arms us with strategies that we can implement to help prevent
our sons falling into the at risk behaviours documented in
the book, which can so detrimentally effect their development
and growth into the "good man" they could possibly be.' -
Nicole, mother and blogger
Bookings and more information
For more information on Maggie's adult courses, workshops
and talks see the Events page
or use the enquiry form
to make bookings.